Dominions 3 Accurate Spell Descriptions Unofficial Patch (DASUP)
Created by David Fidge
Current Version: 1.0
It is advised that you make your own backup of the dom3.exe file before proceeding with the patch (the program will do it automatically if you forget, but if you run the program twice it will overwrite the last backup it made).
- Download the patch files here:
- Unzip this into your dominions 3 directory (where dom3.exe is located)
- Double click on dom3DASUP.exe to run the patch
- When it is finished press any key to close the window. All done!
- Makes selected in-game spell descriptions more accurate, providing concrete values and formulas for spell effects instead of vague descriptions. However a tradeoff is that old spell descriptions have to be replaced so you will miss out on imaginitive, vivid descriptions of things
- Ability to modify the spell descriptions yourself, with limitations (see readme file)
- Program is designed in a way so that it should work for any future versions of dom3.exe that Illwinter release (so far has worked for all 3.0X versions)
- Works for all single and multiplayer games and works alongside any in-game mod that may modify the spell descriptions. This is because this program changes the exe file itself so it can be considered a "patch" rather than a mod.
Report any problems or any spell description inaccuracies to me at email@example.com
Please read the readme file for more information
If you are a programmer you can download the source code for this program here:
If you want to convert code for a dominions 3 linux install it should be easy enough, most of it is ANSI C++ with the exception of some microsoft-specific low level file handling routines, since there doesnt seem to be any ANSI c runtime library support for modifying the contents of a file directly (can only append to a file with fwrite). The unix equivalent of open needs to be put into the code for it to work on unix.
1.0 - initial release