Fzip Family Tree
Versions See Online Help - What's New for complete list of versions and changes.
Version 1.8 15 August 2010 :-
- New - Program now free to use
- Change - Change to use the Inno installation program that runs on Windows 64 bit
- Change - Update to Afrikaans and Deutsch language files
Version 1.7e.4 10 January 2007 :-
Version 1.7e.3 17 October 2005 :-
- New - All box chart reports can now suppress Boxes using Show Box option
- New - Support for running program from a USB / Memory Key
- Change - Update to Slovak language file
- Fix - Connect and click on Cancel the program would not cancel connect – now corrected.
- Fix - Web Page generation #sname was set to wrong value
- New - Display of Parent abbreviation now supports both male and female abbreviation
Version 1.7e.2 27 August 2005 :-
- New - New message 600 for ‘Check Pictures Exist’
- Fix - Connect and click on Cancel the program would not cancel connect – now corrected.
Version 1.7e.1 8 August 2005 :-
- Fix - BoxChart reports would sometimes not work in version 1.7e – especially Kinship Box Chart
- Fix - Display Picture scrapbook can lock if picture is not found – now will not display thumbnail that is not found
Version 1.7e 25 May 2005 :-
- Change - Special Selection - add alternate Roots of Roots no Parents. The old selection of Roots would only select if no parents and spouse/partner had no parents. New selection will select if person has no parents.
- Fix - Delete Bookmark entry did not work in version 1.7e
- Change - Add Language identification for Portuguese - Portugal and change existing Portuguese to Portuguese - Brasil
- Fix - Some screen literals were truncated for non English languages in version 1.7e
Version 1.7d.1 1 Mar 2003 :-
- Change - Updating the compiler has meant that some of the controls work better eg. FindList scrolls better
- Fix - Find List sizing changed to display correctly in Windows XP
- Change - Boxcharts and Story reports can now report virtually unlimited number of people (up from 5000)
- Change/Fix - Change Save of RTF file to work when RTF file selected by extension not entered
- Increased number of people that can be processed to 2 million
- Fix - Find Place - Date of Event was not able to enter date in some circumstances
- Change - Person reports now have additional options to Show Address and Phone when Medium, Full, Complete
- Change - New Special selections in Find
Version 1.7d 6 Jul 2002 :-
- New - Danish translation. Thank you Lars Jørgen Helbo.
- Change - Update to Polish translation
Version 1.7c.1 23 Aug 2001 :-
- New - Default version is now L version (32 bit version). It reads and converts S files to L files.
Version 1.7c 28 Jul 2001 :-
- New - Icelandic translation. Thank you Guðrún Jóhannsdóttir.
- Fix - Doubleclick in FindList selects person
Version 1.7b.1 12 Nov 2000 :-
- New - FindList changed to be able to display summary and details of listed information
Version 1.7b 2 Nov 2000 :-
- Change - Improvement to Thumbnail creation in Picture scrapbook
- New - Can now move pictures in scrapbook using "Drag and Drop"
- New - Family Summary Report now has option to produce summary by First Name
- Fix - The Large version of 1.7b under Windows 98 did not always run. This is fixed.
Version 1.7a.2 4 Mar 2000 :-
- New - Addition of Afrikaans Language - Thank you Christo Viljoen.
- New - Web Page generation - can now select picture to be output.
- New - Allow for preset of Font Name and Size for Report define in Page Setup
- New - Have template files for Web output - f1,f2,g1,g2,i1,i2
- New - Marriage Number Sort Order for Marriage
- Fix - Gedcom import so marriage order is unchanged
- New - Main screen which is more friendly. This accessed from View menu
- Fix - Kinship report to handle multiple relationships for a common ancestor. Also increase number of generations which can be processed from 100 to 200 and number of links from 100 to 150.
Version 1.7a.1 20 Feb 2000 :-
- Fix - GEDCOM Import was not importing date of divorce
- Change - Update to Czech translation
Version 1.7a 19 Jan 2000 :-
- Change - Kinship Report to ensure that relationship from a to b resolves to same as b to a, when there is more than one relationship between a and b
- New - Find - Special Selection of mtDNA
- Change - Web page generation - make all filenames lower case
- Fix - Web page generation - when Private was used with a Selection some hypertext jumps were set up but did not work, person with multiple marriages not output correctly
Version 1.7 10 Jan 2000 :-
- Change - Ancestor Ahnentafel Report to report Ahnentafel numbers up to 62 generations (increased from 30)
- Change - Descendant and Ancestor Tree reports to add in Divorce details when Level of Detail is 2 or 3
- Fix - Web page generation privacy - was not working for some parts of the individual pages
- New - Relatives List Report which reports relatives of an individual
- Fix - Descendant and Ancestor Tree reports to add back in Marriage Notes for Level of Detail = 3. (This had been removed in version 1.7)
Version 1.7 9 Jan 2000 :-
- Fix - GEDCOM Export and WEB Page generation did not always work correctly when "All" as selected.
Version 1.7 4 Jan 2000 :-
- Fix - Setup program sometimes did not work when installing in Windows 98
Version 1.7 3 Jan 2000 :-
- New - Function to check file integrity
- Change - Ancestor Box Chart - Suppress end Boxes when they are the same
- Fix - Person Report,Story Format - RTF output did not put name on new line
- Change - Story Reports - suppress spouse name if no details apart from marriage.
Version 1.7 21 Dec 1999 :-
- Fix - Find Place or Find Source could cause program crashes and corrupt data
- Change - Increase size of Place fields and Name fields
Version 1.7 13 Dec 1999 :-
- Change - Story Reports - Improve the format of the marriage description
- Change - Descendant Tree Report - When there is a missing spouse, display ???? ????
- New - Web Page Generation - new option to include Notes
- Fix - GEDCOM Export - extra FAMS tags displayed when used Find - it selected all families
- Change - Add Person - Divorced defaulted to the last person accessed - now defaults to blank.
- Fix - When Divorced was ‘N’ it displayed literal ‘divorced’
- New - Ancestor Ahnentafel Report - new option to display multiple Ahnentafel numbers
Version 1.7 7 Dec 1999 :-
- Fix - GEDCOM Export - FAMS and CHIL have wrong pointers - problem introduced in 1.7
- Fix - Ancestor Ahnentafel Report - Number of generations was not working properly
- Change - GEDCOM Import does not report error for GIVN and SURN tags. It ignores them.
- Change - GEDCOM Import truncation error now reports length before truncation.
Version 1.7 3 Dec 1999 :-
- Fix - Descendant Tree and Ancestor Tree Report printed blank line before and after notes when Level of Detail = 3
Version 1.7 1 Dec 1999 :-
- Change - Update to Spanish Translation
- Fix - Family Event Report not working in some circumstances
Version 1.6d3 18 Nov 1999 :-
- New - Web Page Generation
- New - Ancestor Ahnentafel Report
- New - Picture Support
- New - Family Group now can report Descendant numbers - Henry, D'Aboville
- New - Family Event Report
- New - GEDCOM Export selection now uses Find criteria and has privacy option
- New - Person Report can now sort by Reference Number
- New - Can now assign Tags to people to be used for later selections
- Change - Kinship Report has extra reporting options
Version 1.6d 7 Aug 1999 :-
- New - Portuguese Translation of program literals. Thank you Sergio Buratto.
Version 1.6c4 31 Jul 1999 :-
- New - RTF Output for many reports
Version 1.6c4 9 Jul 1999 :-
- New - Czech Translation of program literals. Thank you Vlastimil Jirout.
- New - Dutch Translation of program literals. Thank you Peter Tameris.
- Change - Update to Slovak translation.
- Change - Update to phone numbers of Ark Angles.
Version 1.6c3 1 Jun 1999 :-
- New - Translation of program literals into Slovak - Thank you Ladislav Filo.
Version 1.6c2 16 May 1999 :-
- Fix - Display of Place Name in Edit screen when using Windows 3.1 or 3.11
- Fix - Correction for the Sex when trying to Add Father, Mother and Spouse for languages where abbreviations for Sex are not M(ale) and F(emale).
Version 1.6c 1 May 1999 :-
- New - Translation of program literals into Spanish - Thank you Luis E. Juan.
Version 1.6b 9 Apr 1999 :-
- Change - Increase Size of Last Name from 50 to 70 characters and all source fields from 70 to 247 characters.
- Fix - Problem with marriage indicator
Version 1.6a 28 Mar 1999 :-
- New - Kinship Box Chart Report
- Change - Updates to Polish, German Translations.
- Change - Translation of program literals into French - Thank you Pierre Simoneau.
Version 1.6 6 Mar 1999 :-
- New - Character Map - Integrated character map allows easy entry of accented characters
- New - Translation of program literals into French.
- New - Translation of program literals into Italian. Thank you Carmel Sacco.
- New - Ancestor Box Report - Box Chart showing Ancestors
- New - Hourglass Report - Box Chart combining Ancestors and Descendants Box Chart
- New - Statistics Summary Report - displays statistics for
Nr of Children in Family, Nr of Marriages for a Person,
Birth Month, Death Month, Age at Death,
Age at Death with 10yr intervals, Age of Parents at Birth
- New - Statistics Detail Report - displays individual
people for statistics of Nr of Children in Family,
Nr of Marriages for a Person, Birth Month, Death Month,
Age at Death, Age of Father at Birth, Age of Mother at Birth
- New - FindList - Brief story of person is now displayed in window below list
- New - Program will open a .GEN file or import a .GED file
if it is selected and file associations are linked to program FZIP.EXE.
- New - Sex of Unknown (?) can be input.
- New - Greatly improved ability to customise for another
language. Can now have menus, screen literals, messages,
button text, report literals in a language other than English.
Minor exceptions for some registration text.
- New - New date qualifier of XXX can be used to order children within a family. eg. XXX 1952 Dates with this qualifier will not print. Children/Siblings are ordered by their date of birth. If you do not have a date of birth then you can use this date qualifier to order the siblings.
- New - Find Selection can now enter number of generations to search for special selection.
- Change - Reports - Date of Divorce now prints when Level of Detail = 1 rather than Place of Marriage. Divorce Details now print for Level of Detail = 2
- New - Edit Screen now has mini Date Calculator available for manipulating dates.
- New - Person Report, Selected People and Family Group can now report as a Story - Level of Detail of 8
- New - New Translation of program literals into Polish. Thank you Grzegorz Kwiatowski
- New - Translation of program literals into German. Thank you Manfred Hirtler.